Improved microscopes and different optical techniques now allow high standards in the microscopic analysis of living cells. Heated microscope stages and climate boxes offer the possibility of observing cells and tissues under stabilized temperatures. Different climate boxes are capable of holding the desired temperature and the pH value of the medium in which the cells are being cultured by a regulation of CO2. In addition, the O2 value can be regulated under conditions like in vivo.
The ROC Chamber System meets the demands of different microscopic methods in the observation and analysis of living cells. It allows both Open and Closed Cultivation and Open Perfusion.
The inserts for Open or Closed Cultivation or for Perfusion are fixed onto a base plate. Open and Closed Cultivation as well as Open Perfusion with 2 input/output canals (included in the Set) are possible. The Open Cultivation Setup allows a rapid entrance to the cells and an easy medium exchange.
The ROC Cell Cultivation System has a round baseplate and an observation area of Ø 29 mm. The volume of the chamber is 0.66 - 1.32 ml (closed) and up to 2.5 ml (open). The cells are cultivated on coverslips with a thickness of 0.17 mm (Ø 42 mm).
- System for all microscope techniques
- Suitable for short- and long-term cultivation
- Open and closed cultivation as well as open perfusion are possible (for open perfusion, an expansion set has to be ordered separately)
- In the case of open cultivation, the chamber can be protected from evaporation by a FoilCover
- In all ROC applications, the cells can be cultivated on glass
- A pre-cultivation of cells on cover glasses (Schott: 170 µm ± 5 µm, No. 1.5) in Petri dishes is possible; the assembling of the sterile ROC chamber occurs in a laminar air flow
- The ROC chamber can be heated without additional adapter in the Heating Frames MH 2000 Series, KH 2000 Series and AH 2000 Series, for the use in combination with the Heating Insert P 2000, a specific adapter (# 0728.002) is required
- All parts of the ROC chamber can be sterilized by autoclaving (121°C) or by dry heating (165-170°C)
For a better cell cultivation, the glasses can be sterilely coated with Collagen IV, Poly-L-Lysine, Poly-D-Lysine, Fibronectin or others.
Overview ROC System:
|External dimensions / material base plate||Base plate: Ø 50 mm x 6 mm / stainless steel|
|Cultivation||Cultivation on glass: Cover slip with a thickness of 0.17 mm (ideal refractive index)|
|Observation area||Ø 29 mm|
|Objectives||High resolution immersion objectives (oil, glycerine, water) can be used.|
|Cultivation - variable height of the closed chamber||Using the closed chamber version, the distance between the upper and lower glass is variable (1 or 2 mm). Cells can be cultivated on both cover slips.|
|Perfusion - height of the closed chamber||In the case of perfusion in the closed version, the inner height of the chamber is 1.5 mm.|
|Alterable chamber||The chamber can be modified between open and closed cultivation as well as perfusion in the open and closed version of the same cells.|
|Precultivation||The cells can be precultivated on cover slips (Ø 42 mm) in Petri dishes (Ø 60 mm).|
|Microscopes||The ROC system can be used on inverse and upright microscopes.|
|Sterilization||Dry sterilization up to 170°C for 2 hours, autoclaving + 121°C.|