- Large dark incubator for Leica microscopes of the DMi8 Series
- Spacious interiour for the use of many different components
- Particularly suited for the broad field of fluorescence applications
- Steplessly adjustable LED illumination
- Active laser safety: The lamp support sealings and the four sliding doors are equipped with laser safety interlocks
- Passive laser safety: The incubator is equipped with a special laser shielding material on the inner sides which protects from laser radiation between 350 and 700nm with a power of 300mW and a beam size of 160µm
- Two large sliding doors in the front panel on the left and right hand side and one sliding door in each side panel
- Moveable observation window behind the front sliding doors; laser operations cannot be observed through the window because the front sliding doors are secured by laser safety interlocks
- After opening both sliding doors at the front, the observation window can be completely slidden to the left hand side for a large opening in the front panel
- Openings for cables and tubes in the rear panel on the left and right hand side
- Local CO2 and O2-gassing and air humidification with the suitable components
- The use of further heated components is recommend
- Quick assembly of the incubator and easy attachment from above
Included door set:
|Door set black LS
|Slide-in Modules left
with included Adapter Plate
|Slide-in Modules right|
|LSM||Standard with door|
|CSU-W1||Frap / TIRF
+ Adapter Plate
|Frap / TIRF|
Besides the active laser safety by the interlocks on doors and openings, this incubator has also superior passive laser safety.
Our special laser shielding material, that is used in this incubator, has much better resistance against high power lasers than other materials that are used for building laser safe incubators, like polycarbonate. This results in a high degree of safety against fire hazard, especially in cases, where the laser has longer time to irradiate the incubator surface (e.g. overnight experiments).
Here is the result of a comparative test of long term laser irradiation (7h, 300mW, 532nm, Ø 154µm, beam quality 1/e²) against these two materials.
|PeCon special material (irradiation time 7 h = 420 min): Small size, little surface deepening. No other signs of damage.||Polycarbonate (irradiation time 10 min): Flame formation, extensive melting and burning of the material. test interrupted to prevent ignition.|
On top of it: Our material has a fine black matt satin surface finish, thus eliminating reflections inside the incubator during microscopic cell culture observation very effectively.
|Material||acrylic glass (PMMA), black, special laser safety coating|
|Valid temperature range||10°C – 50°C|
|Internal dimensions (WxDxH)||688 x 380 x 230 (mm)|
|Front sliding door openings (LxW)||150 x 150 (mm)|
|Lateral sliding door openings (LxW)||200 x 150 (mm)|
|Weight (incl. add-on components)||approx 10.3 kg|